Montagu Co-operative Wine cellar Limited is situated at the beginning of the Little Karoo about 200km from Cape Town on Route 62. Montagu Muskadelboere Koöperasie(name changed in 1992 to Montagu Koöperatiewe Wynkelder Bpk) was founded on 17 March 1941 with 15 members under the leadership of Mr DJ Burger Snr as chairman. They purchased Mr PJ Joubert’s Bath Street premises and went into production in 1942 with the help of Mr Joubert’s staff. The cellar grew quickly and under the chairmanship of Mr KW Carl du Toit it was decided to buy the premises(currently used) in 1948.
Showing all 5 results